Rose issues statement on lack of budget
“Last week, Senate Democrats passed an unbalanced budget that includes a $5.4 billion tax increase, but which fails to pay off a single penny of the state’s unpaid bills.
“This week, the House, under the leadership of Speaker Madigan, failed to pass any budget at all. Meanwhile, they pat themselves on the back for passing a school funding bill that sends 70 percent of funds to the Chicago Public School system, a system which has less than 20 percent of students in Illinois. Meanwhile, the other 80 percent of the state gets just 30 percent of the money.
“Sadly, that is what we in downstate Illinois have come to expect from Chicago Democrats. And the people wonder why we can’t get a budget.”
- State Sen. Chapin Rose