Bills Signed Into Law
Gov. Rauner took action on a number of bills during the week, including the signing of several bills:
- Powdered Caffeine Prohibition (Senate Bill 9): Prohibits the sale or offering of powdered caffeine to anyone younger than 18.
- Powdered Alcohol Ban (Senate Bill 67): Prohibits the sale of products consisting of or containing powdered alcohol in Illinois by creating a Class A misdemeanor for a violation and a Class 4 felony for a second or subsequent violations.
- Bobcat Hunting (House Bill 352): Allows bobcat hunting in Illinois during a set season. Sets the bobcat season from Nov. 1 to Feb. 15.
- SIDS Informational (House Bill 1407): Requires hospitals to include in their instructional materials regarding Sudden Infant Death Syndrome information developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics or a statewide or nationally recognized SIDS or medical association.
- Inter-Country Re-Adoption (House Bill 3079): Streamlines the adoption process for families adopting children from another country. It also establishes better practices for post-adoption services that are offered by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
- Motor fuel/Service Stations List (House Bill 4115): Improves access to information on the addresses and phone numbers for gasoline and service stations that provide assistance to persons with disabilities.